Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

Hello,
I hope everyone has had a fabulous Easter Day today. I did some card making, and visited the folks. Today I have worked on a couple of Challenges that I have found, one at Just Add Ink and Festive Friday Challenges. I am just loving doing these challenges they make you aware of what you don't have, and put you out of you comfort zone.

I will be putting both challenges in different posts.

The first challenge from http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com.au/ A colour Challenge.




There are some wonderful cards with fantastic ideas using these colours on there blog site so make sure you check them out. This is what I came up with-


Its amazing what you can do with the equipment you have. I have gone with a Mothers Day Card, because mothers are important to everyone, and its not that far away.

Card Recipe-
Cardstock - Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla.
Stamps - Blessed Mother, Mixed Bunch (Autumn/Winter Catalogue)
Ink - Chocolate Chip ( I love this colour) and Versamark (and this I can't do without)
Punches - Scallop Oval, Extra Large Oval and Round Tab, (for the greeting)
Others - 16mm Neutral Brads (retired), Dimensionals, 16mm Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon.

Till the next post,
Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Sylvia! Wow - you handcut those flowers??!! Incredible. Beautiful way to use the challenge colours at JAI this week. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have created a lovely frilly flower with all that careful trimming Sylvia. Any Mum would love it! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - but I can't imagine how long it would take to cut out those flowers. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first flower took the longest, once I knew what I was doing, the second flower was easy, but I loved the effect it made. Thanks so much to JAI for the inspiration.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments. I greatly appreciate other peoples opinion on the items that I create.