Sunday, April 8, 2012

Festive Friday

The card I came up with for this challenge at http://nicolederendorf.com/ was inspired by Alison one of the design team members. Alison used a window and a beautiful card it is. So I thought if a window, why not a door. It is a Colour Challenge and believe me when your limited in the colours of accesories you have, you really do have to be a little creative, I found myself with no accessories at all in the colours that were requested.
So here's the Challenge -


This is what I came up with -


The card actually reminds me of my front door, a little lopsided. Ooops didn't pick that up, when making it.. Oh well, no-ones perfect. This is my first card in this challenge, so no doubt now that I have, now had a go I will do another. I find that I am learning so much from doing challenges it can only be of benefit to me, in the isolated area where I come from computer technology is really the only way in which we can get current ideas from.

The card is pretty well self explanatory, I used Island Indigo for the base,  Pool Party for the house wall, which was stamped from a stamp from Delightful Decorations, ( the closest I could come up with for brick work). The door frame and step in Island Indigo, the door Crumb Cake, I placed the crumb cake, in versamark, and pressed it into the stamp pad in the hope of getting a little shine to the door, I think it came up quite well. The Christmas wreath is a stamp from Welcome Christmas stamped in Pool Party on Very Vanilla card stock and cut out with scissors and sponged. The greeting is from Many Merry Messages. The door knob in crumb cake was stamped the same as the brick work and I used a small circle punch to punch it out. I have mounted the wreath and door handle with dimensionsals.

Till next time
Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Cute card Sylvia! Thanks for playing with us this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Sylvia! I really like how you've done your "door"!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I greatly appreciate other peoples opinion on the items that I create.