Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cool Morning

Woke up this morning to a beautiful cool and overcast morning, must admit I didn't really want to get out of bed, but the cats were demanding their breakfast. I went outside to feed them, and noticed how much moisture there was in the air and had a mental note to oneself - I must be mad! As I then got ready to go for my regular early morning swim. Boy it was cold. Pool temperature down to 20 degrees its getting a real nip in it now. I have to enjoy as much as I can as the pool shuts on Sunday for the winter.Then I'll start the next new adventure - " the deadly treadly".

This time I am posting a photo of the card I made for http://sunnychallenges.blogspot.com.au/. This time I know I have not missed the deadline for this challenge unlike the previous post.

This is the sketch challenge:


and this is what I came up with -


I had a really good play with the arrival of new products with this card. The base of the card is Red Riding Hood Red. The Very Vanilla layer, I used the Textured Impressions Embossing Folder - Square Lattice. I'm only just getting into this embossing, so I still have lots to learn. I've used Cherry Cobbler, Pink Pirouette Very Vanilla for the 3 sections of the card. The main flower is stamped from Blessed Mother and inked using Stampin Write markers. I've used the lace ribbon border punch in red riding hood and used the regal flower brads as there the only colours I have available to me before putting the sentiment on. The sentiment is from one of the Salebration Sets - Sprinkeled Expressions.

Don't forget to go and click on the link to check out all the other great cards that have been made for the challenge.

Cheers
Sylvia


3 comments:

  1. Great card Sylvia. I like how you have used your punches & the use of you markers. Thanks for joining us this week at Sunny challenges & Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card. I love your colouring of the flower. The punched sections with the flower brads is really pretty. Thanks for playing along at Sunny Challenges and Creations this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvia, you have pulled off what I cant seem to with this set! Such clever use of your punches too! The sponging also adds some extra dimension to you creation. Love your work and thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Sunny Challenges and Creations,.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I greatly appreciate other peoples opinion on the items that I create.