Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Nearly late again (2)

The other challenge that I did on Sunday was from Sunny Challenges and Creations. This was a double challenge, a sketch and colour one. I will admit when I first looked at the colours chosen, I went oooooh! Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, and Soft Suede with a neutral colour! How! Then I looked at the sketch and what other designers had created. I was inspired by Gwens card,  http://sunnychallenges.blogspot.com.au/  So why not go and have a look at what the designers have created, there are some great cards.

Here's the Sketch-


This is what I came up with-


Gwens card reminded me of a Art Exhibition that Morawa is hosting later on this month which is based on wheat. So as we have many pink skies around this area I decided to use the wheat as blowing in the wind, with a full moon, as we are currently seeing in our area now. I have sponged the colours Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, and Soft Suede to make a sky appearance with an overlap of Tempting Turquoise and Melon Mambo to give the effect of the darker blue in the picture. The wheat is from Autumn Days stamp set and is stamped in Soft Suede onto Very Vanilla cardstock. The was created using the 2.5cm circle punch.I mounted the Very Vanilla onto Melon Mambo, then Soft Suede, (to represent dirt, and the male aspect of wheat) and used the Victoria 1.6cm Crochet Ribbon for the females involved in the wheat industry and mounted all onto Tempting Turquoise. I was rapt in the way all the colours went, and as I had a thank you card to make, I decided to use the same colours and sketch using the colours as I have in this card.

Here it is -


I used the Mixed Punch, and Pocket Silhouettes stamp sets, and retired Soft Suede Dotted Ribbon on this card. It never ceases to amaze, how the same colours can look so different from card to card.

Its getting late now so till next time.

Cheers and happy crafting,
Sylvia

7 comments:

  1. Sylvia, your sponged sky over the wheat really makes me think out west. I spent a lot of time in Western NSW and your card certainly brings back some great memories. Your second card is also gorgeous. Thanks for joining the challenge at Sunny Challenges and Creations this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Sylvia! I love both of your cards! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunnng card Sylvia. I love the colours in your sunset & the wheat blowing in the breeze & the full moon in the background. Your 2nd card is so different & like how you have created the flower. So glad you could join us this week at Sunny Challenges & Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your lovely comments on my card Sylvia. I love what you have done too. Being a 'bush' person too from Central West NSW, I can remember many of those skies. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with us and your second card is beautiful as well. Vicky certainly set a challenge for us al lthis week at Sunny Challenges and Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sylvia. Congratulations in being selected as our Ray of Sunshine for your Card #1 - truly beautiful! I will be in touch to ask if you would like to be a Weekly Guest Designer for one of our future challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are beautiful cards Sylvia. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards Sylvia. Congratulations on winning the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I greatly appreciate other peoples opinion on the items that I create.