Its been a while since I have been on here, as it has been rather hectic. For the past two week the town has had a major upgrade with power lines, so hopefully it will solve some of the power issues here.
I must admit the men who have been doing this upgrade gave me a little food for thought. People are always so quick to blame electric companies for any power and time issues. Yet having seen some of these guys in action, I have noticed that they are a very good working team, looking out for one another, and extremely well coordinated. I even had the pleasure of watching 10 men running (yes running, not using machines) across the main street in town, in unison, with the cables being used in my street to the next pole. I think that some times we are a little quick to give judgement calls when we are unaware of the working conditions for others. So yes, I have admired these guys and gals, as they have directed traffic, put in detours, put up poles, (nearly every pole in town has been replaced) and their proffessionalism in their chosen career. Even my dog has taken a shine to them.
Now off my soapbox, and onto card making. Today I have a Challenge from the wonderful Sunny Challenges and Creations, http://sunnychallenges.blogspot.com.au/ This weeks challenge is a double whammy, a sketch and colours challenge. Here it is-
This is what I came up with-
Must admit its not the best photo I have ever taken. Its quite hard these days to take photos late in the afternoon , as the sun is so varied, but I can assure you this is the best shot of many. The dark edges you see on the right are shadows. I have used Blushing Bride as the base, layered Poppy Parade next, with Pear Pizzazz DSP and Peach Parfait which were punched with Scallop Trim Border Punch. I punched in Concorde Crush from the 6cm Scallop Circle punch, used the Extra Large Oval punch followed by the Curly label punch, sponged in Pear Pizzazz. The sentiment has used the Large Oval punch and the Scallop Oval punch. I have also used clear Rhinestone Brad and the Rhinestone Basic Jewels on the Scallop Circle., The stamp set is Pocket Silouettes.
Its now time for me to catch up on the rest of the world,
Cheerio
and happy stamping.


Lovely card Sylvia
ReplyDeleteGreat use of the sketch Sylvia. I love the punching on the front panels. It will be sad to see these colour go. Thanks for joining us at Sunny Challenges and Creations this week.
ReplyDeleteHow clever to do your punching the way you have Sylvia & to have the background colour show through - very effective. In fact, the way you have utilised all these punches to create your lovely card is fantastic. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Sunny Challenges & Creations
ReplyDelete