I've had a lovely afternoon of creating. Stamping and working out layouts really does relax me and its great to block out the past weeks activities, for being rejuvenation for the upcoming week.
I have worked on this weeks Sunny Challenge, and completed the gifts for my Secret Hoppy Bunny. This weeks challenge once again had me questioning my supplies. Fortunately I found some current Designer Series Paper, the only problem was it was either Letters to Santa, or Well Worn. Christmas in March? you say! It's never too early to start for Christmas I thought, and apart from that it was the only DSP that gave me any inspiration this afternoon. So here's the sketch.
And this is what I came up with -
I've used Old Olive, Riding Hood Red and Chocolate Chip Cardstock. The DSP is Letters to Santa, I've stamped in Versamark, Old Olive, and Whisper White. Stamp set used is Seasons of Joy. The star has been cut out by yours truly from a stamped image in the stamp set. The Ribbon is Whisper White 1cm Taffetta Ribbon and is beautiful to use, the bow has a brad from Basic Glimmer Brads. Underneath the DSP is a hint of the Scallop Trim border I punched out from Chocolate Chip.
This Challenge certainly had me thinking as I very rarely use DSP but Stampin' Up! makes it easy by having coodinating sets, and I don't usually use so many layers, but I'm very happy with the outcome of this card. Can't wait to see what others come up with!
Many thanks to Sunny Challenges for having me think outside of the square.
Till next time,
Cheers
Sylvia


It is never too early to make Christmas cards and yours is gorgeous Sylvia :)
ReplyDeleteYou should be very happy with this card Sylvia - love it! Never too early for Xmas Cards. I love how you flipped the sketch as it has worked so well with everything. Thanks for joining us this week at Sunny Challenges & Creations
ReplyDeleteWhat a great take on the sketch, Sylvia! I love this card!
ReplyDeleteSylvia, your card is lovely!! I always like lots of layers and you have used this DSP really well. A great idea to turn the sketch too - worked perfectly with your embellishments.
ReplyDeleteVery nice Sylvia. A bit scary though, thinking of Christmas right now :) Thanks for playing along with us again at Sunny Challenges and Creations.
ReplyDeleteSylvia, I love the way you have turned the sketch. It may be a little early to think of Christmas but what a gorgeous card. I agree that using SU DSP makes it easy to create a layered card that comes together beautifully. Thanks for playing along at Sunny Challenges & Creations this week.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea to start on Christmas cards already as by the end of the year you have a few to sent to friends. I love how you have used the Christmas DSP, the card is stunning. I would love to receive this for christmas.
ReplyDeleteTFS
tess
Excellent card Sylvia. I love the way you have turned the sketch onto it's side. It certainly is never to early to start thinking about those Christmas cards.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Sylvia, you are our Ray of Sunshine over at Sunny Challenges & Creations this week with your lovely Christmas Card. Please feel free to grab our badge from our blog - www.sunnychallenges.blogspot.com to post to your blog. If you could contact me through email, that would be great as we will ask you to be one of our Weekly Guest Designers in the future. Hope you join us again for more challenges!
ReplyDelete