Monday, March 26, 2012

Busy Weekend

Hello

It was a busy weekend just gone. I was involved in a catering capacity for the local Lions Club who were supporting the local Bike Week ride. Then it was onto East Perenjori, later in the day, for the neices' and husband's house warming party. They really picked a good night as it started of freezing then gradually warmed as the evening went on.Then on Sunday, it was card making, Oh , how I love Sunday, to immerse myself in the creativity of Challenges.The world just passes you by as you negotiate colours and ideas until they transpire.

This weeks challenge from www.sunnychallenges.blogspot.com was an even more testing one for me this week, as it used a method that I am not comfortable with and believe that I do not do well when I do, do it. But you could say, "what's a challenge if it doesn't test you or have you going outside your comfort zone." So here's this week's challenge


This is what I came up with-


 
Most aspects of this card was created using The Distressing Essentials Kit, I tore the corners added some ribbon, stamping and brads and it was comleted..Stamps used - Oval All, and Sale-A-Bration Fresh Vintage. Cardstock- Chocolate Chip, Soft Suede, and Natural Ivory. 1" square Punch and the Postage Stamp Punch.. Inks- Soft Suede and Tea Stain (Kit) Dimensionals, Vintage Trinkets, and a retired Double Sided Satin Ribbon.
I have made another card but I will post this tommorrow when I have another go  photography it, as the last shots were not that clear.

Till next time
Cheers
and happy stamping.

4 comments:

  1. You've done a great job Sylvia! I love the colours you've used. I'm the same as you - was put out of my comfort zone with this one :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia, I am so pleased you decided to play along with us & jump out of your comfort zone to create your lovely card. I love what you have created, so soft! Thanks for joining us at Sunny Challenges & Creations this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is great Sylvia! Maybe distressing is not your normal or comfortable style but you have nailed it perfectly with this card! Love the color combo, the inverted sketch and the use of the Fresh Vintage stamp set. Thanks for joining us this week at Sunny Challenges and Creations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great Sylvia that you could play this week again with the challenge and Congratulations on your first win!! Yes I was out of my comfort zone with distressing etc too but sometimes it does me good to do something different! I like the way you have tipped the sketch too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I greatly appreciate other peoples opinion on the items that I create.