Thursday, July 12, 2012

Un-convention

Here are the cards that I promised for Un-convention. Un-convention is when a group of fellow demonstrators got together from ESAD that where unable to attend the big Stampin' Up! Demonstrators Convention, being held in Canberra. So while the ladies where living it up in Canberra, the rest of us, who wanted to, had a weekend of challenges, chatting, and quizzes on the internet.

These are the creations that I came up with from some of the challenges.

The little basket below was created for Yvonnes 3D Challenge. Here we had to make a container to hold Chocolate. It was required to have, a flower, ribbon and chocolate.


I found this little basket going through You Tube tutorials, and it is so simple and easy to make. My apologies to the person who posted the tutorial for not naming you. ( I will do some research)

Recipe:
Stamp Set - Reason to Smile
Ridinghood Red Pleated Satin Ribbon
Card stock- Baja Breeze
DSP- Twitterpatted.

#################################################################################

Michelle Frost-Stevenson - Wrinkle Free Distress Technique project.
This was a new technique for me, so I had to be a little creative. On plastic I placed ink spots in various positions in different colour and squirted water over them before placing the card stock on it. A very interesting technique. Many of the ladies found that it worked better on Glossy card Stock, and I will admit that their colours where much more vibrant than what I have created, on whisper white.

Project Recipe-
Card stock- Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip
Ink- Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Concorde Crush.
Stamp Sets- Vintage Vogue, God's Blessings

################################################################################

This card is Sherylees Unconvention Christmas Challenge. We could craft anything as long as it was Christmas based. It used the colours Grean and Red and used Bling.
I have clear embossed the swirl on this card.

Project Recipe-
Stamp Set - Seasons of Joy, Four the Holidays
Card Stock- Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla, Real Red
Ink -Wild Wasabi

################################################################################

Yvonnes Card Challenge-Choose 2 In-Colour 2011-2013, a neutral and one other colour. Use 1 embossing Folder and use something from the Autumn/Winter mini.

With this card I chose to clear emboss the embossing folder, I must admit I was pleased with the effect.
Project Recipe-
Card Stock - Island Indigo, Pool Party
Embossing Folder- Square Lattice
Stamp- Mixed Blossom
Ink- Not Quite Navy, Island Indigo, Versamark

###############################################################################

This is Sarah Whitton Product Challenge. We were challenged to make any item that using a product that we had never used before or not very much and in an interesting way so it said 'Wow'.

I chose to use the brayer as I had never ever used it and this is the very first item I've done with it and must admit it is very easy to use. As for the 'Wow' factor I leave that up to you.

Project Recipe-
Stamp Sets- Look Who;s Turning, Natures Nest, Lovely as a Tree
Card Stock- Pool Party and Whisper White
Inks- Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizazz, Not Quite Navy, Black Stazon

################################################################################

Madonnas Sketch Challenge-

Project Recipe-
Card Stock- Whisper White, Very Banilla, Tempting Turquoise, Lucky Limenade.
Inks- Wisteria Wonder, Tempting Turqoise, Melon Mambo
Stamp Set- Itty Bitty Bits. DSP- Cheerful Treat.

################################################################################

This card is a Colour Challenge set by Amand Hill.  We had to use at least 2 of the 2010-2012 In-Colours with one neutral colour.


I chose my favourite of these 2010-2012 In-colours Concorde Crush and teamed it with Pear Pizazz and Whisper White. The Stamp set is Reason to Smile, and the embossing folder is Square Lattice

###############################################################################

Sherilees DSP Challenge - Use 3 different Designer Series Papers, to create a project.


Project Recipe-
DSP - Cheerful Treat, Twitterpated and Well Worn
Square Lattice Embossing folder
Punches - Mixed Blossom, Boho Blossoms and Modern Label.
The greeting is from the Look Whos Turning Stamp set.

Had a great time creating on this weekend, there is still two of the challenges that I have kept that I will still give a go, and there where many that I did not manage to get done.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. I greatly appreciate other peoples opinion on the items that I create.