Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Hi Everyone

I can't believe its been a month since I posted,. Life has been very busy, particularly at work , and is wearing me out. In the last post I said I would show you some of the items I created in Unconvention, I have not forgotten, but tonight I am posting a challenge from Sunny Challenges and Creations  http://sunnychallenges.blogspot.com.au/  . Yes it is my favourite site for challenges at present, as it fits in with my time frame.

This week they have posted a colour challenge, WooHoo I thought, till I discovered that I had only one inkpad of the colours that is in the challenge. So I had to be creative. Not entirely happy with it, as there is a stamping error in it, but my mother was impressed so I've decided to enter it in.

The Challenge for this week is-


And this is my creation-


The one and only inkpad I had to do this colour was Cherry Cobbler, but then the brain started to tick and came up with clear embossing the  stamps from A Reason to Smile stamp set. First time I've tried to do two step stamping in this way. The Marina Mist was embossed with the square lattice embossing folder and punched using the scallop trim border punch, I've also used the corner punch for the the piece in the middle with the rhinestones on.The greeting is from Elementary Elegance stamp set.

I was also inspired to do a card from Just Add Ink challenge, again a colour challenge using Marina Mist, Early Espresso and Wild Wasabi,but was to late to enter. Again I only had one ink pad and that was Wild Wasabi, I made it in a similar outline as Sunny Challenges just made a few adjustments.
Here it is-

I've used extra punches -the postage stamp, scallop oval and oval punch. I stamped the wheat from Autumn Days in Wild Wasabi  then restamped using versamark and clear embossed the second layer. The greeting has come from Create a Cupcake stamp set, and was clear embossed.

The holidays are nearly here, 2 days to go, not that I'm counting, but I am really looking forward to them.

Till next time
Cheers and happy stamping.

2 comments:

  1. Sylvia, these are both gorgeous cards. I love your inventiveness to enable you to play along with the challenge at Sunny Challenges and Creations this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards both of them Sylvia. I love how you have embossed your images & used your punches. You have blended the colours for each challenge beautifully. Thanks for joining us this week at Sunny challenges & Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I greatly appreciate other peoples opinion on the items that I create.