Hello and welcome to -
Today's project is all about nature or the outdoors, which is very apt for today, as our day has started with clear blue skies for the first time in a week, which is very unlike Western Australia, but we have welcomed the rain. These blue skies are actually the inspiration for today's card. Why you ask? Winter has arrived, so it's a little nippy in temperature and the fog was present very early this morning.
The card I made is a combination of autumn tones to the sudden change of greenery that occurs when it rains in this area. That's what I have tried to achieve. I will leave it up to you to decide if I have succeeded.
The stamp set is one of the oldest stamp sets in my collection but is still available in the new catalogue its - Lovely As A Tree with the sentiment coming from Love What You Do a very new stamp set.
I have used a technique called Rock N Roll on the larger leaves which is when you stamp in the lighter colour then roll the stamp onto a darker colour. Just love the effect it creates. Then used the Stampin' Write markers for the tree and sponged Coastal Cabana to give the effect of the sky.
Products used -

Card stock - Early Espresso, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Stamp Ink - Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Old Olive, Grapefruit Grove, Memento, Coastal Cabana
Other - Stampin' Write Markers- Early Espresso, Tombow Multipurpose Glue, Dimensionals, sponge



Lovely card Sylvia. Thanks for joining us on the hop
ReplyDeleteThank you
DeleteLove your card Sylvia. I love how you have created the background, it looks great.
ReplyDeleteThank you
Delete